Sunday, August 22, 2010

Experimenting is Key


Last week someone told me they saw me as a little mad scientist, puttering around and experimenting in my garage...with jewelry. That still makes me chuckle!

So part 2 of my copper clay experiment was adding silver to fired copper.


Art Clay Copper doesn't need carbon to scinter, though the surface of the copper will oxidize, it isn't too bad to remove. The tricky part is the pitting during additional firings for the silver. Guess I'll have to break down & get some carbon to see if that helps prevent pitting if not oxidation in the future. On the good side, the key really does look antique!

Other than that, making a lot of cork things this week.






This week: Working on a couple requests, writing instructions for class, and combating the monstrosity called my desk!


2 comments:

  1. That looks a lot like my desk! I have been working on my bedroom floor since theres no room left on my "craft desk"..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, good luck tackling your desk too! I find the hardest part is the distraction of finding partially finished projects because then I don't want to put them away!

    ReplyDelete